Thursday, March 22, 2012

Final Project Proposal



For the final project I am choosing to approach my theme by selecting the studio option and creating work inspired by my theme and the research I have done over the course of the semester.  My theme is the relationship between human sexuality and what is considered grotesque or unusual, whether that be through imagery or the artist’s choice of materials. I will be creating and finishing three or more pieces that have some correlation with this theme. A lot of the artists I have explored and researched for this project have very sexually explicit work, wherein the body of work I am creating for this project is not as obviously and overtly sexual. I plan to incorporate inspiration I have gathered from some of the artists I have chosen and researched. In order to relate to my theme, I am making a couple of pieces that comprise of gross, or seemingly grotesque materials that are to be worn directly on the body, accentuating sexuality, and at least one other piece that uses a “normal” medium, with sexual imagery.

No comments:

Post a Comment